Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Blessing

"Hurray for getting my blessing!" That's what I imagined he was thinking, either that or thank goodness for a clean diaper. Little Tristan was blessed on Sunday the 9th of March and was a real champ. He had quite the cool outfit on(Paul wouldn't allow me to dress him in one of those traditional blessing gowns-he had a real issue with our SON wearing a gown, blessing or not). We had found this quilted little outfit at a cute little shop in NY, and Paul thought it was great b/s it looked like a cross between a chef's coat and a space suit. To most people this wouldn't be a good thing, but Paul was very excited about it.








Here I am with the little man. This picture actually isn't one of my favorites of him (I don't think it really looks like him), but I thought I'd put one in that had someone in our family other than him. I usually stay away from the camera, but that day I had taken a shower and wore something other than sweats-it was definitely a momentous occasion!

9 comments:

Deborah said...

What a cute little guy. You both look great! I remember how nice it was to get a shower and actually feel like a real person every now and then.

Crystal said...

he's really filling out now! i love when babies chub up! you look great! and i love his blessing outfit, it's so cute!

Amy said...

So glad that he is growing well and that you are all settling into a routine.

Erin said...

remember that one time when you looked absolutely WONDERFUL after you had a baby, and i couldn't even tell that you were pregnant once upon a time?!?!? you look great, and your baby is so cute! loves!

Alisha said...

Hi there! I saw your comment on Carrie's blog and decided to check yours out. I hope that is okay. I have been thinking about you and how your new life is going. He is beautiful and I think he looks like you. I bet you are having the best time. I also love the naps together. I had my son on Dec 26th. We also have a blog if you want to check in from time to time I would love it. It is: mattandalishalindsey.blogspot.com

Debbie said...

he is so cute!

happy early bday, hope its a good one:)

A.Pandina said...

He's beautiful! It's such a special day isn't it?

BTW, I tagged you, go to my blog to get the details.

April said...

He's beautiful Holly! I think that first picture makes him look like he's in karate class saying "hi-ya!". Very cute.

Stephanie said...

You guys look and sound great! So I need you to fill me in on the whole living in Germany thing. We have 9 months to go and are getting very excited!